Paint Process Engineer/Paint Technologist
Position - Process Engineer / Paint Technologist
Location - Birmingham - Oldbury area
Salary - £30,000 - £37,000 - negotiable with some flexibility depending on experience
Start date - Immediate
We have an exciting opportunity for a Process Engineer to join our growing business located in the Birmingham area. Our site specialises in manual application of a wide range of coatings to primarily plastic components.We apply coatings to provide decorative as well as functional properties. We operate over 2 shifts employing approx 45 staff at this site with more staff operating from our second site. Due to our recent success we will be looking to open our 3rd site planned in for the end of 2017 or early 2018. We have a requirement to strengthen our management team to ensure there is a smooth transition and enough management cover in place to support all 3 sites. The Process Engineer will be located on 1 site but may be required to support the other 2 sites for holiday cover. (All sites are located locally).
Key skills and experience for the Process Engineer are:
- Experience of coating / paint process is highly desirable, although not essential as we are prepared to offer training and support for suitable applicants provided they meet the minimum criteria and salary requirements
- Experience of managing NPI process
- Previous experience of sampling and setting up new process within a production or manufacturing environment
- Process problem solving skills and experience
- Managing site H&S, environmental regulations (COSHH, REACH etc)
- Leading Continuous Improvement programs.