Job title Chemical Engineer M/F
Contract type Full-time
Main duties and responsibilities Kronospan has an exciting opportunity for a Chemical Engineer to join the team based in Chirk, North Wales. This is a full time, permanent position offering you a competitive salary.
At Kronospan we pride ourselves on delivering “Wood Perfected” and have invested in innovation since 1897. As the world leader in the production of wood based panel products, we are seeking a loyal, ambitious and passionate Chemical Engineer who can effectively oversee the Chemical Engineering of our Formalin & Resin plants.
Key features of the Chemical Engineers role;-
• Provide Chemical Engineering suppot for Maintenance & Engineering activities in Formalin & Resin departments
o Major projetcs
o Minor improvement projects
o Planned maintenance
o Breakdown maintenance
• Updating and maintaining plant engineering documentation.
• Prioritisation and organisation of routine/breakdown maintenance
• Maintenance data collection (to support proactive maintenance planning)
• Ensuring that high standards of plant safety are maintained at all times; to promote the required safety culture at all times.
• Supervision of Resin / Formalin plant Fitters, and Instrument Technicians (Formalin / Resin).
• Supervision of maintenance contractors.
• In addition to provision of general support, to specifically support Plant Manager on:
Proactive/preventative Shutdown planning
Shutdown work management
Ensuring plant operates in compliance (COMAH, IPPC etc)
Liaison with external agencies such as the HSE and EA
Ensuring adherence to safe systems of work
• Any other reasonable duties as required, once competence is established.
• To further develop relevant competences as required.
• To meet or exceed any specific performance objectives agreed under the Kronospan performance appraisal process.
• To adhere to all Kronospan policies and procedures.
Requirements Chemical Engineer Requirements;-
• At least 12 months experience in Chemical Engineering role
• Working knowledge of relevant legislation and applicable engineering standards.
• Good Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Working knowledge relevant Chemical Engineering software
• Working knowledge of Auto Cad
• Degree or equivalent in a Chemical Engineering
• People management skills
• Implementation of systems and processes
• Ability to communicate to all levels of the company.
Additional Information Just some of what we are able to offer the Chemical Engineer includes;-
- Attractive salary
- Continued training, support and career development
- The opportunity to work with and learn from industry leading people who are committed to excellence.