Chemical Process Engineer – Connacht
Our client, a Global research based Pharmaceutical company are currently recruiting for a Chemical Process Engineer. The Chemical Process engineer will work within the Technical Operations Team to provide ownership process engineering support to new and existing drug substance processes. The engineer will work as part of a cross functional team to ensure the safe and effective tech transfer of NPI and process improvements to existing processes.
- Leadership role as the chemical process engineer as part of technical transfer team evaluating new processes for introduction/process development & execution.
- Support/lead the development and validation processing campaigns for NPIs
- Provide engineering support to all manufacturing and control system related issues.
- Tasks include, daily process monitoring, trouble shooting, optimisation, cost reduction, training and coaching of manufacturing personnel.
- Identification and execution of process improvement projects
- Ownership and generation of process controls recipes
- Generation and implementation of SOPs for new equipment/manufacturing processes
- Participation in investigations, identification and implementation of CAPAs as required.
- Adheres to and supports all EHS & E standards, procedures and policies
Education & Experience
- Degree in Chemical/Process Engineering (Chemical Background essential)
- Experience in Batch processing operations in an FDA/ HPRA regulated industry.
- Experience in Tech Transfer distinct advantage
- A strong knowledge of cGMP and regulatory requirements relating to the pharmaceutical industry is required for this role.
- Experience of operating in a team environment with active participation in proactive improvement programs is required.
- Experience of operating with DeltaV an advantage.