Senior Process Engineer
Senior Process Engineer
Due to continued growth and expansion, a busy automotive manufacturing company are now looking for an experienced Senior Process Engineer to work alongside the engineering department.
Scope of Position :
Increase company profitability and improve employee working conditions by studying, recommending and implementing changes to the manufacturing process. Also working with quality & process engineers to eliminate quality issues Assist Process Engineering Manager with quoting new business and ordering new equipment.
Your internal customers consist of AQP, Quality, Process engineers and Production.
Your internal suppliers are AQP, Process engineers, Quality and Materials
Key Responsibilities :
* Responsible for the ordering of new equipment
* Responsible for mentoring the process engineer, maintenance and operators on any new equipment
* Responsible for creating the PFMEA for new equipment
* Responsible for co-ordinating the delivery/installation of new equipment.
* Responsible for developing and updating the layout of new and existing equipment.
* Responsible for developing setup and changeover instructions.
* Responsible for continuous improvements on new/existing equipment.
* Responsible for safety issues on the equipment.
* Responsible for developing/verifying new equipment and layout.
* Responsible for developing Operator instructions.
* Responsible for developing Process Flow Diagrams.
* Responsible for quoting and creating packaging specifications
* Responsible for Saving and Achieving of Process Documentation.
* Participate in continuous improvement program
* Work in a safe manner at all times
* Adopt and practice Kaizen Principles and Concepts
* Participate in Kaizen and GEAR activities
* Follow all Departmental General Procedures as well as procedures for this position as indicated in the level III Procedure manual.
* Follow all general procedures where applicable as indicated in the General Procedures section of the level III Procedure manual.
* Perform other duties as assigned
* Work in compliance and conform to TS16949 and ISO14001 standards
Key areas of Authority:
* Ensure that the objectives of the Business Plan are met in accordance with the framework of the company
* Follow company procedures and policies as stated in the Employee Handbook
* Stop any process where quality or safety issues are defined
Basic Recommended Requirements :
* College Diploma or University Degree in Industrial or Mechanical Engineering, or Five years experience in a related field or discipline.
* Good knowledge of production reporting systems and MRP in an automotive manufacturing environment.
* Good knowledge of Government legislation in the areas of Health and Safety, Environment, Employment Standards, Fire code etc.
* Good Technical Report writing abilities.
* Excellent problem solving techniques and methods.
* Ability to successfully interact with all levels of employees.
* Good Computer skills in spreadsheets, data bases, word-processing and CAD